Q. My fiance has noticed a small pink lump on the back of her calf. What could it be?

Answered by Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Warts or Lump? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My fiance has noticed a small pink lump (probably smaller than a pencil eraser) on the back of her calf. I have attached pictures of the same. She thinks it is only a few months old and may have grown in size to some extent. But she is not sure, and it could have been there longer. It looks like a pimple (or actually two tiny one's side by side) with some reddish outline. It is not painful at all. She does not know about her family history and considers herself medium in terms of skin shade. We are concerned because we read somewhere that the lower leg is the most common spot for a woman to develop a melanoma. We would like to have an opinion on this to know if we should have it checked. Thank you!