Q. Can I switch from Metronidazole to Soolantra cream for rosacea?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Rosacea or Sunscreen? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I live in a tropical country, where the exposure to the sun is too much. My skin used to be fair before moving to this country. Back in my country, I used to never go out in the sun. After I moved here, my skin is burnt. It was red at first, and then the blood vessels were visible. I started using Metronidazole cream from two years, for 4 to 5 months with breaks, after I was diagnosed with rosacea. I even tried laser treatment last year, but it did not help much. My condition is slowly getting worse, and I stopped Metronidazole cream last year. When can I start using Metronidazole again? Can I switch to Soolantra? I have read that it is a new cream for type 2 rosacea. Do I have type one or type 2 rosacea? Should I try laser or IPL? I have attached a picture of my skin.