Q. Can you suggest some medicine to reduce my weight?

Dr. Prabha Ranjan
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2022

I am a 28-year-old female and I am breastfeeding my 8-month-old baby. My periods have got delayed and I have increased my weight to 80 kg. I am unable to lose fat despite proper diet. Can you suggest some medicine to reduce my weight? I am on Deviry 10 mg. Please help.

#

Medicine to reduce weight is never recommended, especially if you are breastfeeding, until and unless the weight is causing problems with maintaining good health. I suggest you to follow:

1) Diet and exercise are best.

2) Fresh fruits, nutritious diet, sprouts are best.

3) Avoid junk and fast food and oily food.

4) Exercise in any form like running, skipping, jogging, aerobics, yoga to keep yourself active can help.

Usually after six months of childbirth weight starts reducing and you can achieve the pre-pregnancy level in a year.

In my case, I have increased my weight from 74 to 80 kg and I m really getting worried because of this. I was on a strict diet for 15 days and I felt some weight reduction but suddenly I started feeling very hungry, tired, thirsty, and I gained some extra weight. Please help.

#

I feel 15 days is not enough.

You do not have to do crash dieting or try to lose weight suddenly. Make it a gradual process.

Consult a dietician and get a diet chart and follow that.

You do not have to starve as u need a proper diet for you and your baby.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|