Q. Could you suggest a medicine that will turn white hair to black?

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

Most of my hair has turned white. I also have a white beard and white hairs in my mustache. Please prescribe best medicines to make all my hair totally black. I do not want to dye them as dye contains peroxide which will cause hair loss. So, please prescribe the best medicine to turn my hair on my head, beard, and mustache totally black.

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Grey hairs are resistant to any kind of treatment and it might be due to either genetic or micronutrient deficiency. If it is due to micronutrient deficiency it can be controlled with the help of the following medication.

1. Tablet Curlzvit (a combination of Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper, Iron, Inositol, and L-Lysine) once daily for three months.
  2. Altris 5 Melitane (Melitane) lotion. Apply over the roots of white hair twice daily for six months.

Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines with their consent.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I am telling you frankly. I am not married. So, white hair in my beard and mustache look awkward. Can I apply Altris 5 Melitane lotion on my mustache and beard as well? Will it cause no reaction if it touches the facial skin?

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, you can apply that to the beard and mustache too.

But initially, apply only little amounts and observe for any irritation or burning.

If there is no side effect of irritation and burning you can continue using it.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|