Q. I have yellowish teeth. Please suggest a toothpaste or toothpowder to make them white.

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Nov 08, 2019

Which toothpowder or toothpaste do you people prefer for a yellowish teeth to make them white. I am using Patanjali toothpowder this time and I have done scaling also.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Using toothpowder is not good for teeth as toothpowder contains a higher amount of abrasives and will abrade your teeth. When teeth get more and more abraded it gets more yellower day by day due to loss of enamel and exposure of dentin, which is more yellowish than enamel.

Colgate toothpaste is enough for normal brushing two times a day, along with scaling every six months if possible.

Slight yellowish teeth are normal.

Do not use mouthwashes and toothpowder and strong toothpaste like Sensodyne or Sensodent.

I have creamy and black colored teeth with bad smell. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My problem is the teeth has become white for the past few years. The back portion of the teeth has become dark or black. Teeth are quite creamy. Often a bad smell spreads out from my mouth. My mother also suffers from this problem. I use whitening toothpaste but all are...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. It seems like you have staining of teeth and plaque accumulation. Our mouth contains a great number of resident bacteria. Sometimes some individuals have staining bacteria which leads to physiological stains. This is no...  Read Full

Why are my teeth yellow even though I brush them?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be following reasons for yellowing of teeth. There could be yellow or brown layers of tartar at gumline that needs to be taken out so that your actual enamel can be seen. For it, you need to get your scaling done from the dentist and then do brushing twice a ...  Read Full