Q. Why is there lactation and typhoid after withdrawal bleeding?

I had sex with fiancee a month back. I gave her Unwanted 72 in 48 to 72 hours bracket. She had her periods 10 days back. Today she is experiencing some lactation and also suffering from typhoid. Is she pregnant. What to do?

Do you have a question on Withdrawal Bleeding or Unwanted 72?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

As she had a withdrawal bleed, so chances of pregnancy are minimal. The lactation could be due to high prolactin levels due to hyperprolactinemia which needs to be investigated with serum prolactin levels. However, the best way to rule out pregnancy if you are still anxious is to get a serum beta hCG test done. If the hCG levels are less than 5 mIU then she is surely not pregnant. The lactation is not a sign of pregnancy. This cycle, the menses can be delayed as she is suffering from typhoid, so stay apprised.

I had cyst in right breast. Could this be the cause for pain and discharge?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past two months I have had ongoing right breast pain. It first began as sharp stabbing pain that would last only a few seconds. Now I am getting some nipple discharge and burning sensation. When I spoke with my doctor about it, she said it might happen sometimes. I had some blood ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breast pain, nipple discharge and cysts could be due to hyperprolactinemia. I do not see a prolactin level in your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have a family history of breast cancer? Do these cysts develop even when you are off the h...  Read Full

Is Unwanted-72 effective when taken an hour after unprotected sex?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife had Unwanted-72 an hour after unprotected sex. Would it protect her from an unwanted pregnancy?  Read Full >>
Dr. Shubhadeep Bhattacharjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even the emergency pills like Unwanted-72 carry a failure rate of 1 %. So, please ensure she take a urine pregnancy test if she misses a period. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online...  Read Full

How long does it take to get periods after withdrawal bleeding?
Query: Hello doctor,I had my last period on the 30th of last month. I have a 25-day cycle with 5 days of bleeding. I had sex on the 6th of this month. Although we used withdrawal method, I took an ipill within six hours, just as a precaution. I started a light bleed on the 12th of this month until the 20t...  Read Full >>
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken the emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The delay could be due to hormonal changes caused by the pill. And, the spotting which you had was withdrawal bleeding. However, if you are in doubt, ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now