Q. My son has anal itching as he had more sweets. How to resolve this?

Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli
Published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 11, 2019

My son is 3 years old. He eats too much chocolates and sweets. His health is down and having anus itching. He has worms. What to do? I am very sad and upset about his health.

Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• No need to worry much, as the perianal itch is due to pinworm most of the times. It can easily be treated with antihelmintics combined with hand and other hygiene.
  • Kindly meet your doctor for dose of the drug and proper prescription.
  • Eating lots of sweets has no relation to having worms as worms are transmitted in feco-oral route, which can be avoided by proper hand hygiene.
  • Also, sweets are not good for health. So, in a phased manner you can eliminate sweets from his diet by behavioral modification. No hurry in doing that.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full >>

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The parasite inside the eye is usually, cysticercus or hydatid. It is not transmitted through natural sexual routes. It is usually ingested through food. Some parasites, for example, lice or mites infesting the eyelashes are transmitted through physical contact. But, the...  Read Full

Keeping Your Teeth Clean !!!

Article Overview: Brushing your teeth twice daily helps to remove the plaque and food particles between the teeth and helps to maintain optimal oral health. Read Article

Brush your teeth twice a day using a fluoride tooth paste. Replace your toothbrush every three or four months or sooner if the bristles are frayed.  A worn toothbrush won't do a good job of cleaning your teeth.  Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdentally cleaner. Decay -...  Read Article

How Do I Overcome Premature Ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehea...  Read Full >>

Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely empathize with you. The problem of premature ejaculation is quite common and is distressing to a young man but is seldom discussed. See most of the time the problem is secondary to the anxiety attached to your expectations in the bed. It has been wrongly p...  Read Full