Mebendazole

My pinworm infection symptoms are not improving after Mebendazole. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am struggling with pinworm infection. I took one dose of Mebendazole (100 mg) and it helped. Two weeks later, I took the recommended second dose and about three days after I started exhibiting symptoms again. It is now a week after taking the second dose, symptoms are not improving.  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem. Reinfection with pinworm is quite frequent. Mebendazole two doses are the standard way of treatment. But in your case, reinfection may have occurred because of remnant eggs. 1) Please change your sheets on the bed and wash them thor...  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

My daughter is 2 years old and suffering from recurrent worm disease. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 2 years old and suffering from worm disease. After taking medicines, it repeatedly occurs every three months. She was already given Mebex before one month, but it does not work out. So please suggest how to completely clear worms disease. Please advise the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this case of recurrent worm infestation, I would advise you to do a course of Mebex (Mebendazole) for the entire family living with the child and for the child itself once a week for 10 weeks. This will be coupled with a thorough cleaning of the house, specificall...  Read Full »

Why do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albend...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and my Hb is 8.7. Should I receive blood to improve it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy and I delivered my first child through C-section. I have low Hb content. As per my blood report done before a month, my Hb was 5.2 g/dL. After a couple of days, I was given two bottles of blood through an IV and started to have iron...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hemoglobin (Hb) less than 10 g/dL during pregnancy is unfavorable. Blood transfusion should be done when Hb levels are less than 7 g/dL, so you do not need a blood transfusion now. You have to check your Hb till it reaches at least 10. The rate of increase in Hb i...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Neopeptine after OPV?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from stomach gas since last month. Every night he wakes up from his sleep crying. He got an OPV yesterday morning, and we gave him Neopeptine 5 ml tonight for the stomach problem. I am scared that I gave him the syrup after OPV. Is there any risk asso...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neopeptine (combination of Pepsin and Alpha-amylase) is an absolutely safe medicine even if given alone or with any other medicine or any vaccine. It is the best medicine for abdominal pain. Regarding stomach upset, keep a check on the appetite of the child as to what is ...  Read Full »

I noticed white strings in my stool. I hope it is not parasites. Please help.

Query: Hi, I am a 34 year old female. I noticed what looks like white strings in my stool. I am also having symptoms like abdominal cramps and pain, severe fatigue, memory issues, dizziness, and sometimes constipation. I am hoping it is not parasites. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms which you have mentioned are related to two diseases, parasites or IBS. To confirm if it is parasites, stool routine examination has to be done.  This might be due to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) also. This condition presents with alternate constipation wit...  Read Full »

Is it dangerous to take Mebendazole more than twice a year?

Query: Hello doctor, Please tell about worm infection. I am 20 years old and had worm infection twice in the year and had also completed Vermox Mebendazole course of three days twice. Please suggest taking it again is dangerous to health or not?  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, you develop worm infestation when you consume food which is uncooked, not washed properly, or if you eat food out frequently (from the infected food handlers). You might want to take care if you are overdoing any of the above. Alternatively, you can take t...  Read Full »