Recently, I am experiencing pain in my left wrist whenever I carry weight. At first, I presumed it was too much weight so I lowered the weight, but my left wrist continues to have pain. I tested using different things such as posture and time length, but the pain continues. I am trying to see any diagnosis for this, so that I may approach it the correct way.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Left wrist pain can be due to many reasons at your age.
1. Mechanical pain / soft tissue rheumatism, usually occurs around one point of joint and not diffuse around joints. It is activity related like it occurs only after activity or in some certain specific work or posture but not at rest. Rest decreases pain or you may not feel any pain.
2. Inflammatory pain, where the pain is maximum at rest, or night or in the early morning. After activity, there is some decrease in pain. It is usually associated with swelling or warmth in joints or redness.
3. Infective pain due to some infections inside the joint (rare cause).
A detailed clinical history and examination is required followed by some tests to confirm the nature or classification of your pain. The management will be guided based on your nature or cause of pain.
1. Avoid excessive use of wrist joint.
2. Use wrist splint for two weeks.
3. Use alternate local hot or ice compression of the wrist joint.
4. Local painkiller gel can be applied.
5. Painkiller tablets on sos basis.
Consult a rheumatologist if it persists.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, For the past one year, I have been suffering a pain in the middle-upper wrist area where I could not support myself while getting up from the chair. I went to an orthopedist and was given some medication and wrist brace with metal support to stabilize the movement. The pain started de... Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, Three years ago, my right hand was accidentally ran over. X-ray showed no broken bones, but throughout the year I had extreme pain on the right hand side of my wrist next to the bone. I never know when the pain on the right hand side of my wrist is going to happen or how long the intense ... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Rheumatologist Now