Q. I have yeast infection. Is it fine to have sex with condom?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I have a yeast infection. Can I still have sex if my partner uses a condom?

#

Yeast is not a sexually transmitted disease. It is present everywhere, just that it shows its presence when the good bacteria cannot keep its growth in check. It is fine to have intercourse with your partner. My suggestion would be using a condom during every coitus, as it reduces the risk of other STDs. Some infections cannot be seen but may get transmitted, like herpes, syphilis, HIV, etc.

Please reply, if you have the following:

1. Washing the private parts often with intimate washes.

2. Using some deodorant.

3. Using tampons for a long stretch.

4. Recent use of antibiotics.

5. Eating sugary items very often.

|