Q. I have pain in the left side of the jaw and I am unable to chew food on that side. Please help me.

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I am 36 years old. Four days back, I started to have pain in my left jaw (inside). I could not recognize the exact point as to where the actual pain is. Therefore I had a clove (for two days) between my left side tooth which reduced the pain thereafter. Yesterday evening I felt my left side portion was swollen, and I did oil pulling and saltwater rinse (morning and night), after which I felt better. Pain is there only when I touch that part. I chew food only using my right side tooth.

#

It is probably a gingival or periodontal abscess (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) due to infection. It needs to be drained. Right now, I am prescribing medications for immediate relief. Please update me if relief is there.

Infection.

X-ray.

Abscess.

Abscess.

Tab Amoxycillin 500 mg twice a day for five days.
Tablet Aceclofenac 100 mg on pain only.
Warm saline rinses 6 hourly a day for 5 days.

If the pus has drained, it is ok. Otherwise, drainage may be required.

Please go by my instructions and update me if either no relief is there or if allergy to medications is there.

|