Q. I have loss of appetite with stomach pain, vomiting and black stools. Kindly help.

I have a loss of appetite, and I did not eat properly. I took only bananas for three days. Then, I had vomiting and stomach pains. I started eating, but my stomach has been continuously growling, and still in a lot of pain. I passed stools the other day, and it was black. It was a kind of a red flag to me. Am I fine? Could I be pregnant?

#

I have read your query in detail and understand your concern. It seems you are suffering from acid peptic disease/ acid reflux disease.

If you have any hunger pains and fullness of the stomach or gaseous distension of the abdomen after taking meals, you should go for:

1. Upper GI endoscopy - to rule out peptic ulcers.

2. Ultrasound abdomen - to rule out gall bladder stones.

I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone and to take anti-flatulent and anti-acidity syrup-like Digene/Gelusil for symptomatic relief. Do not consume any alcohol or smoke in case you do.

There is an infection called H.pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection, which causes recurrent gastric and duodenal ulcers and such episodes of acidity. I would advise in such a scenario to get tested for H.pylori infection and to get it treated.

Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

|