Q. I am nauseated, and I get sharp abdominal pains that radiate to the back. Please help.

Dr. S D Sinha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

For a while I have lost my appetite due to a constant nauseous feeling. The nauseous feeling would be really strong after I would eat even a little. In the past week I've not eaten much, my lower abdomen is really painful and has a tightening, sharp sensation, which causes me to have chills. I'm constantly tired, I have a very painful lower back and the pain spreads to the upper back. Also whenever I would try to eat, it feels as though something is stuck in my chest and the pain radiates to my back. My body feels weak, and even walking causes me to feel sick, dizzy at times and pain in my abdomen.

The nausea has been quite constant for around 2 months but wasn't as bad. Recently it's become worse, and my abdomen feels really tight with sharp pains, my lower and upper back are very sore, and I've lost my appetite completely.

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician Infectious Diseases
#

Thanks for your query. Your ovrrall discomfort is not specific to any ailment yet you have multiple symptoms of multiple minor issues. You appear to have an ailment related to acid reflux. Let's start with some simple remedies - Rx T. Pantoprazole (40mg gastro resistant tablets) 1 tablet once daily in the morning on empty stomach (about 1/2 hour) before breakfast for 7 days. T. Domperidone 10mg 1 tablet thrice daily before breakfast, before lunch, before dinner for 3 days Cap Saccharomyces Boulardi 250mg 1 cap once daily in the afternoon after lunch Isapghula husk (flavoured) 2 teaspoonful once in night before sleeping for 7 days T. Multivitamin supplement 1 tab once daily for 7 days You may buy any brand for above medicines, readily available locally. Please revert after 7 days of treatment.

|