Q. Had arthroscopy for ACL injury. How long it will take to recover?

Dr. Lokesh

My sister met an accident before four months. Now, she is suffering from ACL injury. According to the doctor's suggestion, she did POP for a month followed by arthroscopy. She is following the exercise under the supervision of a physiotherapist post arthroscopy. She can find recovery, but it is very little and slow. A slight improvement is seen while bending the legs. But it is not complete. Straight legs are not recognized while walking. How long it takes to have a complete recovery? Please suggest.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Usually, it takes three months to have complete recovery after arthroscopy with good physiotherapy done regularly. Physiotherapy includes quadriceps strengthening, hamstring stretching, and strengthening, full weight-bearing walking with a hinged knee brace, and knee bending for three weeks. The treating surgeon decides the frequency of doing exercise. Ideally, you should be able to bend the knee for about 90 to 100 degrees in three weeks post surgery.

|