Q. What is the reason for pain in the knee and thigh?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have been experiencing a pulling pain in my thighs and behind my knee for more than six months. I do not know why or what to do. I do not know its cause either, but I took an MRI, and there were some findings, but I am not sure if there is any direct correlation.

#

I can understand your concern. You have an injury to the knee that most likely caused the changes to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and the medial meniscus. You, however, do not mention any such event. With these conditions, there is an unlikely correlation between the back of the knee and thigh symptoms as this would lead to knee swelling, pain, and possibly some discomfort in the calf and be feeling of instability.

|