Q. How to clear stubborn acne on cheeks?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have stubborn acne on cheeks for years. It goes away some time, but it comes back sometime else and it is stubborn and never goes away. I am currently on Levothyroxine 175 mcg for hypothyroidism.

#

I have seen your query and concern. Acne Vulgaris is a common skin problem in adolescents, and in adulthood, it involves pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands and therefore seen to involve areas where oil glands are dense like face, chest, back, upper arms.

In your case, it looks like grade 1 to grade 2 acne. You can start using 1% Nadoxin gel during day time over pimples and 0.1% Adapalene gel (Deriva MS) in the night over the whole face for around two to three months with Adapalene. You may develop a little bit of burning sensation and should be used in a small quantity.

For cleaning the face, you can use Cuti wash soft foam gel face wash. You have to do certain dietary restrictions like not to take any oily, spicy, and junk foods, milk products, and non-vegetarian foods. Use lots of water that hydrates your skin.

I am a vegan and drink plenty of water. I take care of my skin very much but it does not always help. I am in the United States and cannot find the medications you advised. Is there any alternative to it?

#

Welcome back to iclniq.com.

You can use Nadoxin gel (Nadifloxacin), Adapalene (Deriva MS). Cutiwash foaming face wash or Tone n glo foaming face wash.

|