Q. I get recurrent pimples at the same spot in my chin. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 25, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am concerned about my acne. I do not use any skincare except for my facial cleanser and toner, which I have used more than a year already and did not cause any pimples. A month ago, I got a big pimple in my chin, and then it gets worst. I got more big pimples. All pimples are in my chin, and when it gets dry, another pimple will show up on the same spot where the old pimple gets dry. By the way, I do not change my diet, and most of the time I am staying home due to pandemic.



Welcome to

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

From history, it seems you have hormonal acne. Hormonal acne typically occurs along the jawline. I need to ask you a few questions.

Do you get your periods regularly? Do you have thyroid disease? Do you get more acne just before periods?

Please revert with answers and mention your age so that I can suggest your treatment accordingly.

Thank you doctor,

Yes, I do have regular periods, and there are times that I get small pimples before periods but not every month. I do not have thyroid disease. By the way, last month I have a delayed period. I think two weeks delayed. But that was my first time to have a delayed period after a long time of being regular. I am already 29 years old.



Welcome back to

Yes, from all history, it does seem like you have hormonal acne. Get your antimullerian hormone levels done when you get time. Now I need to start you on medicines.

But a few questions. Are you married? Do you have kids? If yes, are you breastfeeding? These are essential questions for a tablet I need to start.

Apply Nadifloxacin cream on pimples two times daily for one month, Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel apply daily at night in small quantity on the face for one month.

Kindly revert with answers so I can start you on a tablet also.

Thank you doctor,

I am not yet married and have no children. May I request that you advise for any treatment for the dark spots as my pimples are all dried up now, and it leaves dark spots.



Welcome back to

Apply Azelaic acid cream 20% daily on black spots, tablet Spironolactone 25 mg one tablet daily after lunch for three weeks.

Kindly follow up in three weeks.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How to cure the acne breakouts?

 Topical agents like Benzoyl peroxide gel, retinoids, Clindamycin or Nadifloxacin may be applied locally ...   Read full

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

.. common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many...   Read full

I am 25 and my partner is 72. Can I get pregnant?

You are young and your AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) is borderline, not very low ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Relation Between Enamel Hypoplasia and Dental Caries
Enamel hypoplasia is due to incomplete or defective formation in the organic matrix, which forms the first layer of the ...  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed thr...  Read more»
Ingrown Hair: How Can You Prevent and Treat It
An ingrown hair is a hair strand that grows back into the skin after a clean shave or waxing. It appears as a raised dar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.