Q. I get recurrent pimples at the same spot in my chin. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I am concerned about my acne. I do not use any skincare except for my facial cleanser and toner, which I have used more than a year already and did not cause any pimples. A month ago, I got a big pimple in my chin, and then it gets worst. I got more big pimples. All pimples are in my chin, and when it gets dry, another pimple will show up on the same spot where the old pimple gets dry. By the way, I do not change my diet, and most of the time I am staying home due to pandemic.

#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

From history, it seems you have hormonal acne. Hormonal acne typically occurs along the jawline. I need to ask you a few questions.

Do you get your periods regularly? Do you have thyroid disease? Do you get more acne just before periods?

Please revert with answers and mention your age so that I can suggest your treatment accordingly.

Yes, I do have regular periods, and there are times that I get small pimples before periods but not every month. I do not have thyroid disease. By the way, last month I have a delayed period. I think two weeks delayed. But that was my first time to have a delayed period after a long time of being regular. I am already 29 years old.

#

Yes, from all history, it does seem like you have hormonal acne. Get your antimullerian hormone levels done when you get time. Now I need to start you on medicines.

But a few questions. Are you married? Do you have kids? If yes, are you breastfeeding? These are essential questions for a tablet I need to start.

Apply Nadifloxacin cream on pimples two times daily for one month, Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel apply daily at night in small quantity on the face for one month.

Kindly revert with answers so I can start you on a tablet also.

I am not yet married and have no children. May I request that you advise for any treatment for the dark spots as my pimples are all dried up now, and it leaves dark spots.

#

Apply Azelaic acid cream 20% daily on black spots, tablet Spironolactone 25 mg one tablet daily after lunch for three weeks.

Kindly follow up in three weeks.

|