Q. I get recurrent pimples at the same spot in my chin. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I am concerned about my acne. I do not use any skincare except for my facial cleanser and toner, which I have used more than a year already and did not cause any pimples. A month ago, I got a big pimple in my chin, and then it gets worst. I got more big pimples. All pimples are in my chin, and when it gets dry, another pimple will show up on the same spot where the old pimple gets dry. By the way, I do not change my diet, and most of the time I am staying home due to pandemic.

#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

From history, it seems you have hormonal acne. Hormonal acne typically occurs along the jawline. I need to ask you a few questions.

Do you get your periods regularly? Do you have thyroid disease? Do you get more acne just before periods?

Please revert with answers and mention your age so that I can suggest your treatment accordingly.

Yes, I do have regular periods, and there are times that I get small pimples before periods but not every month. I do not have thyroid disease. By the way, last month I have a delayed period. I think two weeks delayed. But that was my first time to have a delayed period after a long time of being regular. I am already 29 years old.

#

Yes, from all history, it does seem like you have hormonal acne. Get your antimullerian hormone levels done when you get time. Now I need to start you on medicines.

But a few questions. Are you married? Do you have kids? If yes, are you breastfeeding? These are essential questions for a tablet I need to start.

Apply Nadifloxacin cream on pimples two times daily for one month, Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel apply daily at night in small quantity on the face for one month.

Kindly revert with answers so I can start you on a tablet also.

I am not yet married and have no children. May I request that you advise for any treatment for the dark spots as my pimples are all dried up now, and it leaves dark spots.

#

Apply Azelaic acid cream 20% daily on black spots, tablet Spironolactone 25 mg one tablet daily after lunch for three weeks.

Kindly follow up in three weeks.

| 

Please suggest some effective cure for acne.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. My weight is 114 kg and I am 5 feet 11 inches tall. I want to reduce my acne as soon as possible. I have a few hard bumps along with normal pimples. Mostly they are painless. I need an effective cure. I have attached a relevant picture. I have been using aloe ver...  Read Full »

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

What Clomid dose is recommended for a 42-year-old with AMH of 0.35?

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know what dose of Clomifene citrate (Clomid) would you recommend for a 42-year-old with an AMH of 0.35?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»