Q. Can hypothyroidism cause a decrease in platelet counts?

I had my TSH 7.59 mIU/L before one month. Now my TSH is 5.9 mIU/L. But my platelet count was reduced to 127,000 per microliter of blood.

About two weeks ago, I got RPOC after abortion. Now again I have done a CBC. This time also, I had my platelet count 127,000 per microliter of blood and there are few giant platelets present. What is it?

Is it normal to have low platelet count after abortion? Other parameters are in the safe range. I was taking Thyrodinum 3x (homeopathy) till last week.

I always take homeopathy medicines. Can hypothyroidism cause any decrease in platelet counts?

#

• Temporary viral infection, dengue, malaria, uremia, splenomegaly, bacterial infection are some of the causes that lead to a decrease in platelet count. So, if there is any clinical complaint present, then let me know about that for giving more comment.
  • Drink a lot of water and papaya can be taken more.
  • I advise you repeat CBC (complete blood count) after three days and if any unusual bleeding occurs, then consult a doctor immediately.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|