Q. I am unble to sleep after taking Control tablet for allergy and wheezing. Why?

Published on Dec 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 12, 2019

I am having wheezing for the past two weeks. I had visited a doctor regarding this, he told it is because of allergy so he told me to take a Control tablet and cough syrup. But when I stop taking that tablet, I am not able to sleep at night because of blocking and it is very difficult to breathe. I am not having any oily foods and even drinking hot water regularly but it is of no use. Can you please suggest me what to do?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

I have read your query in detail and understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from allergic Bronchitis. This is also a type of allergic response.

I would advise in such a scenario:

1. Hemogram with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).

2. Chest x-ray.

Your doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you do not have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may add Deriphylline or Doxophylline for the chest spasms.

If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi's, then inhalers containing bronchodilators like Salbutamol would be required. You might also require a short dose of steroid inhaler like Budenoside. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

| 

I am severely anemic, and the right lymph node in my neck is painful. Is it cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, from the past five years. It is well controlled by Synthroid and natural thyroid. Over the last few months, I have been having some worrying symptoms. I am literally so tired all the time, and I am severely anemic even if I t...  Read Full »

In chest x-ray, what is the meaning of bilateral apical inhomogeneities?

Query: Hi doctor, I have applied for a job in abroad. I was asked to get a complete medical checkup. In the chest x-ray report, it was mentioned as bilateral apical inhomogeneities. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Does our doctor's prescription say that my daughter has asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 year 3 months old. Once she had very bad wheezing and flicking due to wood smoke in the home. Later, I took her to hospital and the doctor kept her in observation. He gave her Levolin for every 15 minutes for three cycles and Montelukast granules. After that, she started ...  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now