Q. My breathing problem due to dust allergy is not getting down with medicines nowadays. Why?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

I am 29 years old. From birth, I am suffering from dust allergy, eosinophils. When the seasons change I get suffers from cold and cough. I live in a city full of tress and dust too. Due to cough, I get little breathing problems. Before three months, whenever I get these problems with the help of syrup or medicines I get rid out of it. But for the last three months, I am not getting any relief. One of my doctor friend prescribed me Levocetirizine which gave me relaxation for two to three days. Before 10 days I consulted with another doctor and he gave me Formoterol fumarate and Budesonide and Montelukast. He told me that I am suffering from little asthma. I do not have high problem of breathing but then also I am taking this medicine for the last 10days. Please help me to get rid of this. I also checked my allergies, the report shows 1100 + IgG.

#

From your query, it seems that you are allergic to dusts and pollen grains. And as the second doctor rightly said, you are suffering from asthma and allergic rhinitis. Currently, you are on right treatment. So continue Formoterol plus, and Fluticasone inhaler in prescribed doses and also tablet Montelukast 10 mg one at night.

In case of emergency, you can take Asthalin or Levolin inhaler for relief from cough or breathlessness. Consult your doctor regularly to adjust the dose of the inhaler if you are not getting any benefit. Usually, you must continue inhalers as no other medicine will cure asthma permanently. There is no permanent cure for asthma. Once your allergy is well controlled, you can stop Montelukast but continue with inhaler.

|