Q. Which medicine can I take for itchiness in eyes?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2020

I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?

#

• I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen).
  • The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning.
  • The key to treating eye allergies is,
  1. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem.
  2. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses.
  3. Use antiallergic eyedrops like Olopat eyedrop (Olopatadine) twice daily.
  4. Also can use lubricating eyedrop like Flogel (Sodium carboxymethylcellulose) thrice daily.
  5. Use mild steroid like Flurisone (Fluorometholone) in pulse dose in severe allergy.
  • This will help you. I am very sorry to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|