Q. For the past year, my skin allergy does not heal fully and keeps itching. Why?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 29, 2021

I have developed some skin allergy on my back, and it itches a lot and sometimes uncontrollably. The allergy is fading, but the burning and itching are still there. The affected skin area has got rough, and it feels weird also.

For the past year, I have realized that all my wounds never recover fully, and they keep itching forever. I have had scratches from eight months ago, and they still itch. The affected skin area is rough, just like the one I have developed now, and by the looks of it, it seems like it is a burn or something.

All my wounds or scratches turn into something horrible and do not recover.

What could be the reason?

Please help me.

Thanks.

#

This type of allergy occurs in some genetic diseases. During the healing process, there is increased formation of some cells which release histamine chemical cause itching. This is a very resistant condition, but you try the following treatment.

I want to know when you are having such symptoms.

Tablet Fexofenadine 120 mg once daily for four weeks.

Apply Mometasone cream once daily for ten days.

Apply Vaniza HC (Hydrocortisone and Dimethicone) gel or equivalent twice daily after a wound or scratch heals.

Apply Calamine lotion twice daily for four weeks.

Allergy.

Biopsy, scratch test.

Urticaria.

Mastocytosis?

Avoid injury. Keep skin emoliated.

After four weeks.

|