Q. I have weird sensations all over my body since seven months. What can be the cause?

Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2021

I have started feeling weird sensations all over my body for seven months now, and they all happen at once and on a daily basis. My skin itches all over, especially my face and scalp. A lot of the times, when I speak, I sense a vibration in my eyes or a little bit lower. It is as an inner thread is vibrating. I have the urge to rub my eyes, and when I do, they squeak profusely. I also get the urge to scratch my skin. When I scratch some parts, I feel like I am scratching a thread, extending to other regions (not only the scratched area). This is especially noticeable when I scratch my cheeks.

My joints feel a little stiff and oily, and they crackle a lot when they feel like that. My fingers and palms also feel oily. My scalp and forehead feel tight and a little bit numb. My eyes are very sensitive to light, and there is an increase in eye floaters. Halos around lamp posts at night and double vision when I look at vehicle lights at night.

I also feel an inner pressure in my nose when I am speaking. When I pronounce sounds like t, s, and z clearly, the pressure amplifies and sometimes my ears click. Thus, this pressure hinders my ability to speak normally. I used to be a presenter of radio shows, and my pronunciation and enunciation skills were top notch, and the fact that I can no longer speak as well because of this pressure concerns me a lot. I also feel like my olfactory sense has diminished a little bit. I have also noticed that I do not breathe as much through my nose.

I am fatigued and depressed. I feel like I do not get enough sleep even when I sleep 8 to 9 hours. Sometimes, when I do not sleep enough, there is a dull pain in my ears and eyes.

Some things that may or may not be related to what I have written above  are red itchy blotches appear on my skin after I take warm showers, sometimes I feel like my tongue and gums are slightly burning, there is a small internal lump in front of my ear that has not subsided for about seven months, and I have moderate acne. I have a history of moderate arterial hypertension (140/80 mmHg). However, it went back to normal (120/70 mmHg).

#

• These all symptoms point towards a chronic condition. You will have to undergo few more investigation as follows.
  1. Basic hemogram.
  2. Thyroid function tests.
  3. Check for autoimmune diseases status, consult a physician and get tested for ANA (antinuclear antibody).
  • Do you ever get a low-grade fever? Have you lost some weight recently?
  • This can also be a part of allergy to non-specific antigen. You can rule that out by going to an allergy specialist, who can test you for some common antigens.
  • Also, consider taking antihistamines like Fexofenadine or Levocetirizine, after consulting your local physician.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|