Q. What are the ways to get rid of allergy due to cold and dependance on Asthalin spray?

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

I am suffering from allergy due to cold, strong odor and old dust for the last about 35 years, dependant to Asthalin spray. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner Preventive Medicine
#

It is nice to hear that you want to get rid of the Asthalin spray and surely we can give a try. You have been using the spray for quite a long time and your body is used to it. So, I will strongly suggest you not to discontinue it suddenly. I advice you the following lifestyle modification and food supplements which can be very beneficial to you boosting your immune system.

1. Drink lemon juice daily (squeeze 1 lemon in a glass of water and honey, do not add honey if you are diabetic). It is going to be winter soon and oranges will be available, add one or two oranges daily to you diet. Lemon and oranges contain plenty of vitamin C. Vitamin C is very good for the immune system and it helps you to fight common infection and even cancer.

2. Wear a mask to avoid dust. This is one single measure which will help you to decrease the doses and frequency of Asthalin use. Now a days washable mask in variety of colours are available for Rs. 20-30 (common used by people riding motor bikes).

3. Practice pranayam (especially kapal bhatti and anulom vilom). These two asanas have direct beneficial effects for the respiratory system.

4. Take two teaspoon Chawanprash daily.

| 

My son is suffering from asthma.He is using asthalin inhaler.Do you suggest any other medicines?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 13 years old. We are based in Greater Noida which is in the outskirts of Delhi.Since he was five years old he as been suffering from asthma whenever there is season change during March/April and October during which he generally starts getting allergic cold. I used to earlier...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

70 year old has cough accompanied by wheezing. Is it advisable to try Asthalin?

Query: Hello doctor, My father (aged 70) is suffering from coughing and light fever (varying between 99 to 101) for the past 10 days now. Medical tests (attached) do not seem to reveal anything, and the prescribed medicines (see below) do not improve things. Coughing is now also accompanied by wheezing so...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now