Q. I am having a tender breast and light yellow discharge from my nipple. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I have a PCOD problem, and every month I get late menstrual bleeding or no bleeding. I also did not get menstrual bleeding this month, but I doubt that I may be pregnant. I have mild pregnancy symptoms like cravings, back pain, and abdominal cramps. I have one new symptom that I have never experienced, tender breast, bumpy nipples, and light yellow discharge from my nipples. My pregnancy test is negative. Am I pregnant, or what does it mean? I have stopped breastfeeding around one year back. Should I wait some more days for the pregnancy test or visit a doctor? Please guide me.

#

All the symptoms experienced by you are very nonspecific and can occur in premenstrual (one week before menstrual bleeding) or pregnancy. This is due to a reduction in estrogen and progesterone, which occurs towards the end of your menstrual cycle. Also, minimal yellow discharge from the nipple may result from squeezing or massaging your breast or due to PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), in which prolactin is increased. You do not have to worry about it. It will go away on its own.

To help you better, could you please tell the date of your previous menstrual cycle and the date of your last intercourse.

|