Q. My home pregnancy test is positive but ultrasound shows no pregnancy. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I am 28 years old. I have checked my pregnancy through Prega news in home after 48 days of my last periods. It shows two lines one dark pink and second light pink. I have checked two times but same results. I have done an ultrasound, but it does not show pregnancy in the report. Please suggest.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have read the description of your problem. There can be three explanations for this.

1. Either it is an evaporation line (if have you have checked it very late than the time mentioned to check on the kit which is a false positive result). 2. Or this could be a very early stage of pregnancy where the levels are not sufficient enough to be detected in urine so gives a faint positive test, obviously at this stage usually the pregnancy may or may not be detected on USG (ultrasound). 3. Or the third possibility is that this is a very early pregnancy which is failing.

If you could give a little bit more details about your previous menstrual cycles, the date of your last periods, and when the scan is done, it could have helped to narrow down the possibility.

You can check for your blood levels of Beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone to check if you were pregnant or not.

Serum beta hCG level.

| 

How to confirm H.pylori infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, I had diarrhea and vomiting. My gastroenterologist diagnosed it as GERD and found H.pylori unit 112 tested through blood. My LFT, CBC, RBC were fine with occasional white cells in my urine and uric acid was 6. I took Klaricid 500, Ospamox 1 g, Levopraid, Omeprazole and Lib...  Read Full »

What to do for urinary incontinence in a 11-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-year-old daughter has been unable to tell when she has to urinate until she starts to urinate. Before, she was able to stop and run to the bathroom. However, in the past couple of weeks, she has been unable to stop herself and keeps urinating. Her mother and I just found it out...  Read Full »

Does my wife's hCG levels indicate a healthy pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she has PCOD. We are trying to conceive for 2 years. We had done an IUI which failed. We did IVF, but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. Last month, our doctor did Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). He transferred 2 embryos on that day. We got a positive result...  Read Full »