Q. What are the chances of pregnancy if one has had sex two weeks after periods?

Dr. Umamaheshwari Mrutyunjaya Nilange
Published on Dec 25, 2017

My last period started a month ago and ended four days later. I had sex with my partner two weeks after I got my periods. He did not ejaculate inside me but to be on the safer side I took an I-pill within two hours. Now, I am two days late and I have a brownish discharge since yesterday. I thought it was my period. But it clearly is not. What is it? Could there be a chance that I could be pregnant?

Dr. Umamaheshwari Mrutyunjaya Nilange

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The days you mentioned are nearing the ovulation period.

In a patient who has normal regular cycles of 28 to 30 days, ovulation occurs on the 14th or the 15th day when chances of pregnancy are high if you have sex on those days.

You have said that there was no ejaculation inside the vagina and you have already taken an I-pill (emergency contraceptive pill) within two hours.

So, there are very rare chances of pregnancy.

Your current period is late for only two days and you have a brownish discharge.

Sometimes due to stress, periods get delayed. You need to wait for four to five days more and I think you will start proper period.

But if you do not start your period within a week then you need to do urine pregnancy test.

I am sure you will start your periods.

Stress is a big factor for delayed periods.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »