Q. Why did my periods stop suddenly after having unprotected sex on the third day of my periods?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2021

I had sex on the third day of my period. I did not take any birth control pills. My periods stopped instantly. Can I have a chance to become pregnant?

#

I understand your concern and I will surely help you. If a girl has intercourse during periods, then there are rare or no chances to have pregnancy as there is no ovulation at that time. Even if her partner ejaculates inside, there are no chances for her to become pregnant as her eggs are not ready. According to certain studies, there is a possibility that pregnancy can be experienced during periods if the sperm survives for approximately five days and if the girl ovulates early, then pregnancy is possible in this situation. You do not be worried and you are safe. There is nothing to be worried about the stoppage of period instantly. Please mention the exact cycle length. Even it is stopped on the third day, then there is nothing to be worried.

|