Q. Why did my periods stop suddenly after having unprotected sex on the third day of my periods?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I had sex during my periods on 3 day without any Birth control techniques and my periods stopped instantly how likely are the chances of pregnancy

#

Dear, Good morning

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you

see during the periods if some girl have intercourse, there are very rare or no chances of pregnancy as there is no ovulation at this time. so even if your partner ejaculated inside you still there are no chances of pregnancy as your eggs are not ready.

just for your knowledge:-

Only possibility according to certain studies in which Pregnancy has been experienced during the periods is when the sperm survives for approximately 5 days and you ovulate early, then only Pregnancy is possible. this is one in a million kind of thing. so don't worry you are safe.

As far as stopping of periods instantly is concerned that's fine. what is your usual cycle length? even if it stopped on third day it's got nothing to do with your pregnancy. don't worry

Don't worry I am always there for you.

feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information. God bless

| 

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»