Q. What are the causes of high amylase levels?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 50 years old mother's blood report showed the amylase levels to be high. The amylase level is 126, rheumatoid factor is 16, and TSH is 6.275. What do these values indicate? What are the causes for this? What is the treatment?

#

I just read your query.

• From what you have described, it appears that your mother has slightly high serum amylase levels, which could be mild pancreatitis due to high-fat diet or alcohol. You must see an internal medicine specialist for this condition.
  • The slight increase in TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) means that she has subclinical hypothyroidism, and that does not need any treatment.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|