Q. Can you suggest any medicine to reduce the bump near anus?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
Published on Sep 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I have a painless peanut size bump near the outer side of my anus. I have attached snaps for your reference. It has been there since last 10 years. But, for the past one year I feel it is growing. Sometimes, it bleeds, but no pain at all. It is just like an extended mass and it feels very uncomfortable. I consulted a local doctor. He found a fissure inside the anus and suggested surgery. But, I never felt any pain or bleeding from inside till date. I used to have a hot water seat daily since last few months as per his advice. Do you suggest any medication to restore or reduce the bump? I tried a few antibiotics, but they did not work.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

• Yes, you have a fissure and bleeding was from the fissure site as seen in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bump you are showing is hemorrhoid near the fissure.
  • You might have chronic constipation in the past due to which you require straining during defecation. Because of that straining and hard stool, lower most part of anal canal gets abraded and from which developed an anal fissure.
  • Anal fissure and excessive straining causes high pressure over tiny blood vessel present in the wall of the lower most anal canal and from which hemorrhoid develops.
  • According to the picture, hemorrhoid and anal fissure are significant with the presence of bleeding, which suggest a requirement of surgery.
  • These are anatomical diseases, which cannot be corrected with medications. Medications help only to reduce the symptoms associated with these conditions.

Constipation.

Digital rectal examination and proctoscopy.

Anal fissure and hemorrhoids.

Surgery.

Medical treatment and diet modification to prevent constipation.

For further information consult a surgical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

Suggest permanent homeopathy treatment for piles.

Query: Dear doctor, I am suffering from piles. Taking aloes and Aesculus daily. It completely disappeared after taking this for 14 days. But it came back again when I was travelling long distance by car. How to cure it permanently? Suggest some homeopathy medicines.  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now