Q. Is masturbation a harmful act?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Dec 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2019

I have several questions. Please clear my doubts and tell whether they are myth or fact. Is masturbation harmful? Is hair fall associated with masturbation in any way? How frequent can one have sex? I am having sex with my partner daily and even twice a day sometime. Is it harmful? When I do fast, I ejaculate in some 3 to 4 minutes and I am not able to satisfy my partner. Am I suffering from PE? If yes, then what should I do? Is it necessary to pull the foreskin back before inserting my organ? I have only one partner and she is also loyal. Is there any issue with unprotected oral sex? We have been doing unprotected oral sex for the last 8 months and there is no problem so far. Is it harmful if we do anal sex? Thanks a lot in advance.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Masturbation does not cause hair fall. Both are due to the effect of testosterone. In boys of young age, the effect of testosterone is high, which is normal and cause desire to masturbate. Hair fall may be due to low vitamin or scalp infection or high testosterone.
  • Frequent sex is not harmful. You can do it daily.
  • No, you do not have premature ejaculation. Ejaculation in less than one minute is PE. She can be satisfied before sex by finger or oral sex.
  • It is better to pull the foreskin before insertion.
  • If you have done oral sex for 8 months without any problem, then no further issue.
  • Anal sex can be done, but regular may cause tear in the anus and a condom should be used.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there are following things which are responsible for decreased libido and erection problem: Obesity. Diabetes. High blood pressure and medications. Low testosterone level. I suggest the follow...  Read Full

I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I had phimosis, so I got circumcised two years ago. But now, I have premature ejaculation after circumcision. I also have loss of sensation in my penis. Before circumcision, I enjoyed masturbating, but now I do not feel such enjoyment. What can I do? Was the decision to get circumcised wro...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Circumcision has nothing to do with the loss of penile sensations or premature ejaculation. It is just that you are correlating two things together as an explanation for yourself. You cannot say that you have premature ejaculation while masturbating.Premature ejaculation...  Read Full

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now