Q. What can be done for itching sensation near anus with pain during bowel movement?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
Published on Sep 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am 29 years old. I am experiencing a slight itching sensation near the anus area and having slight pain during a bowel movement. The pain disappears after a bowel movement. A few years ago I got similar kind of thing and the doctor told I had fissure back then. Presently I am using medicines (Rabemac-DSR, Hyocimax-S) for acidity problem from last two months and please suggest any medicine for my problem and also let me know why this problem is recurring and should I bring change in my lifestyle. I do not eat any junk foods or spicy foods that much but do not know why this problem is coming.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

If it is fissure, you can go for local application of cream Anovate gel (applied inside the anus at night before you sleep and morning 20 minutes after you pass stools). For pain, tablet Chymoral forte morning and night before food. Change in life, regular exercise for good bowel movement. Food changes: Green leaf, high fibre fruits and vegetables.

Can a small anal fissure be healed by medicine?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is suffering from a small anal fissure. Can it be healed by medicine?  Read Full »

What is the dosage for Nemocid?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.  Read Full »

Are recurrent anal fissures dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor,I have recurrent anal fissures. When I consulted a doctor, he said the blood loss is very less. But, another doctor advised me to check for CBC. Is this a serious issue?  Read Full »

Ask an Andrologist Now