Q. I am suffering from anal, stomach, and muscle pain. What could be the cause?

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

I have anal issues, stomach, and muscle pain. Please help me.

#

Please explain your symptoms in detail.

I have stomach aches often and after passing stool. I have anal pain too.

#

How is the consistency of the stool? Hard or soft? Which specific area of your stomach is aching. Upper or lower? Is there any relation to food with the ache? Have you experienced any constipation in the past? Any excessive use of painkillers in the past or currently using?

It is hard, and often I get lower stomach aches. I have external hemorrhoids. Currently, I am using pilex ointment, would the ointment help in shrink hemorrhoids?

#

It may help a little. You Should avoid getting constipation by drinking a lot of water at least 10 to 12 glasses per day, eat fiber diet like vegetable fruits, use Ispaghula husk two tablespoons mixed in a glass of water followed by another glass full of water twice a day.

Use the following medications,

1. Tablet. Laxoberon (Sodium picosulphate) two tablets daily at bedtime one month.

2. Tablet. Mebeverine 135 mg twice a day before meals for two weeks.

3. Apply Lignocaine gel three to four times a day to the anal region.

4. Use a tablet. Daflon (Diosmin) twice a day for two weeks for hemorrhoids.

Does it get recover entirely without surgery? I consulted a doctor last week they suggested you to have to go under surgery which I do not prefer to. But the doctor was a gynecologist and not gastroenterologist.

#

If it does not respond to these medications, then you may need surgery. For that you will have to consult a good surgeon. Sometimes when the constipation issue is resolved, then the hemorrhoids regress itself.

Thank you. I will follow this medicine.

#

Take care. Hope you get well soon.

|