Q. What is causing pain in anus while passing motion?

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

I am 35 years old lady having horrible pain in my anus while passing motion. It is intolerable. I am applying Anovate cream but still, it is not helping. Please advice.

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read your problem carefully. Though history is incomplete, I think you are suffering probably from anal fissure. I need to know if there is any bleeding per rectum or anything coming out from the rectum during defecation. It occurs mostly in a female. The main cause behind it is chronic constipation (passing hard stool chronically).

You need to follow the following: Taking adequate water, adequate vegetable, and fruits. Taking hip bath 3 to 4 times daily, warm water in a bowl, add 3 to 4 spoons of Betadine solution and sit on warm water for 10 minutes. Take stool softener, syrup Osmolax 3 to 4 spoon 3 to 4 times daily for 7 to 10 days. If not improved within 2 to 3 days, consult with a surgeon immediately.

| 

Please suggest an ointment for anal pain and bleeding.

Query: Hi doctor, I had anal bleeding and pain for a year. My doctor said that it is just because of a small crack at rectal opening and there is nothing to worry. He has given a cream for anal fissure and one tonic for stool smoother to reduce pain while going to the bathroom. It cured me completely in tw...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for anal pain.

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now