Q. Though I wear ortho footwear, I am getting ankle pain. What to do?

Dr. R. Jay Ganesh Jay Ganesh

Hi Dr, I have ankle pain. Sometimes for a few seconds as if pulling it. Gets pain at that time. For that I have done following things which gives me relief to great extent.

1. Wearing ortho choice footwear for home use.

2. Wearing compression socks ( tubifix ) during day time.

3. Keep ice on the area once or twice.

Please suggest a remidy so that I get rid of ankle pain. Because of Covid 19 lock down I prefer online consultation. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

#

Hi

I can understand the pain you are going through. Let me go through the proper course of action

1. It may be due to a bursal inflammation, a calcaneal spur which is a simple bony growth or a plantar faciitis which is fascia inflammation.

2. U may need a ankle x ray to short list the x ray

3. Ice therapy is good. Meanwhile take some analgesics like Paracetamol and u can start getting physiotherapy like IFT/USG therapy and ankle strengthening exercises and continue wearing MCR footwear. Thank you. Hope it helps.

Take T. Acemiz plus one tab twice a day (T.para if u have kidney disease/diabetes)

T. Pan 40 1 tab twice a day half an hr before food.

Thanks Dr. Will take x ray n will let you know.

#

Ok sure. Take care.

Thx dr.

mobile x ray is coming n in 1 hour x ray will be taken. just ankle x ray or any medical term to be used? how will I show the x ray to you? X ray tech said he will share x rays and so that I can share to u. Dr sent x rays taken. pls advice

#

Hi sorry for the delay.

X - ray shows calcaneal spur. But a mild one. As of now there is also a little bit of calcification in the tendoachilles region also but it should not be as of any concern now. Kindly do USG therapy, ankle and foot stretching exercises (5 set of exercises - 3 times a day each exercise lasting for 20 seconds), MCR footwear ( 2 sets - one for use inside the house and the other outside the house). If the pain doesn’t subside after 10 days., we may need to do blood tests. But I hope if u take the medications (add T. Shelcal 1 tab at night for 30 days) and do the physio well u will definitely feel the improvement. Hope it helps. Take care. Get well soon.

Thanks for your reply Dr.

shellcal I am already taking. hope that is fine. I'll do USG therapy, exercises n take the tablets you've suggested. Thanks for your advice. Shellcal 500mg I am taking in the morning. should I take one more in the night?

#

No one tab is enough. Avoid taking milk/tea one hour on either side of taking the tablet.

Okay Dr. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

The tablets acemiz plus n pan 40, should I take for 10 days?

#

1 week will do. But if u have pain u can continue it for 10 days.

Thanks a lot Dr. GM Dr. For how many days should I do USG therapy n exercises?

#

For 10 days

|