Q. Though I wear ortho footwear, I am getting ankle pain. What to do?

Dr. R. Jay Ganesh Jay Ganesh
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2021

I have ankle pain. It remains only for a few seconds sometimes. I have done some things to have some relief. I tried wearing ortho choice footwear for home use. I tried wearing compression socks during daytime. I tried using ice once or twice daily in that area. Kindly suggest a remedy.

#

Hi

I understand your concern. It can be a bursa inflammation or plantar fasciitis which is a fascia inflammation. You can do an ankle X-ray. Doing ice therapy is good. Meanwhile, take some analgesics like Paracetamol. You can start taking physiotherapy like IFT (interferential therapy) or USG therapy (ultrasound therapy) and ankle strengthening exercise. You can continue wearing MCR footwear. You can take tablet Acemiz plus (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice a day and tablet Pan-40 (Pantoprazole) twice a day half an hour before food.

I will take an X-ray soon.

#

Ok, good.

I am attaching my ankle X-ray. Kindly go through it and advise.

#

I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your X-ray shows calcaneal spur. There is a bit of calcification seen in the tendon Achilles region. Kindly do USG therapy, ankle and foot stretching exercises (do five sets of exercises three times a day lasting for 20 seconds), and use MCR footwear (have two sets with one inside the house and another one outside the house). If your pain does not subside after ten days, you need to do some blood tests. You can take tablet Shelcal (Calcium with vitamin D3) one tablet at night for 30 days and do physiotherapy exercise.

I will do USG exercise and take tablets as suggested by you. I am taking Shelcal 500 in the morning. Can I take it in the night also?

#

Taking one tablet is enough. Avoid taking milk or tea before an hour of taking tablet.

Do I need to take Acemix plus and Pan-40 for ten days?

#

You can take tablets for a week. If you have pain even after taking it, then you can continue taking it for ten days.

For how many days should I need to do USG therapy and exercises?

#

You can do it for ten days.

|