Q. What do the orange spots on my fetal ultrasound scan mean?

Dr. Vivek Chail

I have a fimbrial ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I received my internal ultrasound pictures but do not know how to read them. I am wondering what the orange spots are meaning on my ultrasound and where the fetus would be? I was told it was about 2 cm.

#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

An ectopic pregnancy happens when the fetus starts developing at a location other than the uterus.

In your case, the pregnancy is developing at the end of the left tube which is called the fimbria.

You can see in the pictures that the uterus is empty and a sac-like structure is visualized in the location which is probably the end of the left tube.

The developing fetus is very small and looks like a small straight line in the sac.

The orange spots are flowing blood and usually, the growing gestational sac has blood flow which can be seen like a ring in cases of ectopic pregnancy.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|