Q. I often panic for no reason. How can this be managed?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I am usually getting panic for no reasons for past two years and had therapy sessions. I get panic for extreme fear of losing control, sickness and death, low blood sugar, low blood pressure. I eat my meals regularly, but, I feel like I have not eaten food for the whole day. But, I do not feel hungry and I am just feeling weak. The panics come on and off throughout the day. Sometimes I get panic when I wake up and when I am taking my breakfast late in the morning. I honestly feel like I am suffering from OCD. I tried to increase the sweetness and salt in my diet but there is no change. I am not taking any medicines. I feel like very mild dizzy, dry throat feeling like there is a ball in my throat, fast and hard breath, fast heartbeat with the feeling of a stone in my chest, feels like I am in a race or I am drowned into the sea, extreme fear, stress, with chills and shaking. There is no fever, pain, nauseation present.

#

I have reviewed your query and I can understand how you are worried about the issue. Feeling weak, fear of losing control, sickness, death fear, the feeling of low blood pressure and low blood sugar levels, all symptoms seem to be due to anxiety. Feeling mild dizzy, dry throat feeling like there is a ball in your throat, fast and hard breath, fast heartbeat and feels like there is a stone in your chest, feels like your in a race or you are drowned into the sea, extreme fear, stress, chilled and shaking, no fever, no pain, no nauseation, these all, are the common symptoms of anxiety.

Changing salt and sugar levels in your food will not help you to get relieved from this problem. Please take regular meals and it is just a disease which needs evaluation and proper management according to the diagnosis made by a physician. If you are under treatment and you are on a regular visit to your physician, he can adjust the dose of medications if needed. Please ask for PCP (Phencyclidine) when referred to a Psychiatrist and ask him to add some medications for the proper management of anxiety. This problem can be managed only with proper evaluation and management by a Psychiatrist. So proper and timely follow-ups are very important even when you are not feeling good after taking medicines for anxiety. Antianxiety medications take time to have improvement in your condition.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|