Q. Is it alright to use Cartilage type-II capsules along with prescribed medicines in OA?

Dr. Ramesh C G

My mother has knee joint pain issue. We consulted a specialist a month back, he said that the cartilage in the knee joint has become less in one side of the joint and he suggested few medicines for pain relief and cartilage renewal namely, Calcium (Celedol -100, Jointac C2, and Osteodon). I read about Cartilage type-II that it helps very well in cartilage improvement and pain relief. I just want to ask you whether we can use this Cartilage type-II capsules along with the above-mentioned medicines for fast recovery of the cartilage? Or should we use only Cartilage type-II capsules without using ' Jointac C2?

#

Whatever you use, whether cartilage supplements or Glucosamine, it will not help in moderate to severe osteoarthritis. Only in the very early stages of OA, it helps. '

If she is not diabetic, I suggest she can take intra-articular steroids or if affordable, intra-articular viscosupplementation.

Continue quadriceps exercises, avoid squatting and sitting cross-legged. Weight reduction also helps.

If X-ray shows advanced stage, only joint replacement helps.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|