Q. Is it normal to have sperm leakage from vagina post-sex after D and C procedure?

Answered by Dr. Eeshani Dutta.

Do you have a question on D & C or Semen Analysis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having the problem of sperm leakage from my vagina immediately after sex for some time now. It comes out in loads which were not like that in years back just before I had a D and C three years back. I have been trying to get pregnant but to no avail and I suspect this could be due to the D and C and the sperm leakage because the leakage is not normal. Though I had complications after the D and C, some fetal remnants which caused severe pain, came out on its own the next day but still bled for 10 days with the pain minimal. Please, do you have an idea about how this could be causing infertility problems.