Q. I have increased ASO and joint pain. What could be the cause?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2019

Hello doctor,

My ASO is 203, and creatinine is 0.80. I am having a joint pain and stomach upset problem from the last four years. The RA factor is nil and hemoglobin is 11. I am sending my LFT and ASO reports. Please suggest.

#

• According to your complaints and reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I suspect a rheumatic heart disease in your case. I would recommend you get evaluated further.
  • Increased ASO (antistreptolysin O) with joint pain could be due to a streptococcus infection which is one of the causes of rheumatic heart disease.
  • I will suggest some investigations for you. If it is negative, then it could be reactive arthritis secondary to streptococcal infection.
  • Investigations to be done:
  1. ECG (electrocardiogram).
  2. 2D echo (echocardiogram).

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|