Q. I get sores often in mouth and my doctor said it as autoimmune related.

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have got sores in my mouth which the doctor said was autoimmune related, but a week ago, I started getting what feels like sores on the inside of bottom lip and I often get pain on the back roof of the mouth, should I be worried?

Do you have a question on Autoimmune Disorder or Blood Glucose Level?

Ask a Doctor Now

I understand your concern. Autoimmune responses are the best met with the particular drugs, which your doctor might have already prescribed. Also, get checked your vitamin B12 and blood sugar levels. You can use topical anesthetic gel (like Benzocaine), Triamcinolone, and which will ease your soreness. Apply them alternatively, three to four times a day for four to five days. Check with your doctor if you need antacids, and continue medicines for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Sjogren's syndrome involves dryness of eyes, as well as dryness of the mouth. A saliva substitute is recommended. See the ophthalmologist about his opinion on any opthalmic issue (if any). I hope it helps you.

Can blood glucose around 100 to 105 and high lipids cause any nerve related symptoms?
Query: Hi doctor, I have developed symptoms of nerve dysfunction (burning, tingling, etc.) but all the nerve related tests were normal. Over the past 9 to 12 months, my diet was poor, I am about 70 pounds overweight, age 40, and have high LDL. My blood glucose last year was 86, then it went up to 97 by th...  Read Full »
Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the details given. The glucose levels mentioned are normal. Only 106 mg shows a pre-diabetic fasting level. These levels are unlikely to affect the nerve function. From your information, I get a feeling that you do not have diabetes. Is that right? In tha...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take medicine for ankylosing spondylitis whole life?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 now. When I was in 14 years old, a severe hip joint pain started and the doctor diagnosed it as septic arthritis and operated right hip joint to remove fluid. Then the pain was gone. After three years, again pain started and I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis by ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an autoimmune disorder which actually has no treatment. You need to take medications when there is a flare-up of the disease. In between when you have no symptoms then you can stop the drug. You have not mentioned about your hip pain right now. You need to keep ...  Read Full »

What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I have gotten different answers from various different doctors on this question. Maybe, you can give me a straight answer. What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels? Some people say the lower end is 70 and some others say the lower end is 130. Please explain.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many types of blood sugar testings are there, and the values for that are different. But worldwide, the most commonly used tests for the detection of diabetes are Fasting Blood Sugar and Post Prandial Blood Sugar. Fasting blood sugar test is done by taking the blood sa...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now