Q. I get sores often in mouth and my doctor said it as autoimmune related.

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 20, 2019

I have got sores in my mouth which the doctor said was autoimmune related, but a week ago, I started getting what feels like sores on the inside of bottom lip and I often get pain on the back roof of the mouth, should I be worried?

#

I understand your concern. Autoimmune responses are the best met with the particular drugs, which your doctor might have already prescribed. Also, get checked your vitamin B12 and blood sugar levels. You can use topical anesthetic gel (like Benzocaine), Triamcinolone, and which will ease your soreness. Apply them alternatively, three to four times a day for four to five days. Check with your doctor if you need antacids, and continue medicines for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Sjogren's syndrome involves dryness of eyes, as well as dryness of the mouth. A saliva substitute is recommended. See the ophthalmologist about his opinion on any opthalmic issue (if any). I hope it helps you.

Can blood glucose around 100 to 105 and high lipids cause any nerve related symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed symptoms of nerve dysfunction (burning, tingling, etc.) but all the nerve related tests were normal. Over the past 9 to 12 months, my diet was poor, I am about 70 pounds overweight, age 40, and have high LDL. My blood glucose last year was 86, then it went up to 97 by th...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take medicine for ankylosing spondylitis whole life?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 now. When I was in 14 years old, a severe hip joint pain started and the doctor diagnosed it as septic arthritis and operated right hip joint to remove fluid. Then the pain was gone. After three years, again pain started and I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis by ...  Read Full »

What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gotten different answers from various different doctors on this question. Maybe, you can give me a straight answer. What is the acceptable range for blood glucose levels? Some people say the lower end is 70 and some others say the lower end is 130. Please explain.  Read Full »