Q. I get sores often in mouth and my doctor said it as autoimmune related.

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 20, 2019

I have got sores in my mouth which the doctor said was autoimmune related, but a week ago, I started getting what feels like sores on the inside of bottom lip and I often get pain on the back roof of the mouth, should I be worried?

#

I understand your concern. Autoimmune responses are the best met with the particular drugs, which your doctor might have already prescribed. Also, get checked your vitamin B12 and blood sugar levels. You can use topical anesthetic gel (like Benzocaine), Triamcinolone, and which will ease your soreness. Apply them alternatively, three to four times a day for four to five days. Check with your doctor if you need antacids, and continue medicines for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Sjogren's syndrome involves dryness of eyes, as well as dryness of the mouth. A saliva substitute is recommended. See the ophthalmologist about his opinion on any opthalmic issue (if any). I hope it helps you.

|