Q. Is it possible to treat AVN without hip replacement?

Answered by Dr. Anuj Gupta and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Avn or Hip Replacement Arthroplasty? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 31-year-old. I have AVN stage 3 in right hip and stage 2 in the left hip. This is due to the use of steroids. I have done this MRI before two months. Many doctors told me to go for total hip replacement. Today I had an X-ray, and the doctor told me no collapse is done yet and suggest me to go for core decompression and Osteofos 70 mg daily.

1. I want to know, is it possible to treat it without hip replacement?

2. Will core decompression help in my case?

3. Is Pamidronate injection helpful in my case?

4. Any medicine which can stop or delay the progression?