Q. How to manage a 3-month-old baby with very dry skin?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

I have a 3-month-old boy baby, and I need your help because my baby cannot sleep well as his face is very itchy, dry, and reddish. I do not know if it is eczema. I have tried applying a few creams, but there have been no results. Can you please help?

#

I can understand your concern. The skin of the child is very dry. I would suggest the following:

1. Mustela baby emollient cream for application to the face.

2. Avoid bathing the baby with soap, not more than once a week. I advise daily sponging to maintain cleanliness.

3. If milk weeps onto the cheeks of the child while feeding, gently wipe it. Do not use rubbing motions.

4. Avoid any home-based therapies.

5. Avoid oil massage.

|