Q. I have been suffering from back pain. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

I am a software engineer. I am suffering from back pain at the end of ribcage. Since one month I have been facing this issue. Pain starts when I sit for longer time like one to two hours continuously. If I walk frequently then also the pain starts slowly and sometimes the pain is unbearable. After lunch, it is increasing more. If I walk for 20 to 30 minutes then I am able to sit for 20 minutes then again the pain starts. I am unable to concentrate my work due to this pain. I thought it as a big issue and I went for a full body health checkup. After checkup, I have consulted cardiologist and general physician. Both told me that there is no problem. General physician suggested a few medicine for gas trouble. Please see the attached doctor's prescription for your reference. After completing the course of medicine, I am still feeling pain. So, I have consulted an orthopedician. After taking x-ray, he suggested a few medicines. I have been taking these medicines from last 10 days, but still pain is not going away. I had a gynecomastia surgery one and a half years ago. Now, again I can see the gynecomastia. I have not consulted the doctor in this regard, but the primary problem is related to pain which is making my life hell. Please help me in this regards.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

I read your detailed history and studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems to be muscular in origin. It can be costochondritis pain and that takes at least four to six weeks to settle down.

My recommendations in such case would be to do hot fomentation at least three to four times a day. Also to walk after all meals to avoid indigestion.

Taking a combination of Gabapentin and Nortriptyline helps greatly.

In some cases such pain could be an initial symptom of herpes zoster where initially there is neuropathic pain followed by lesions after few days or weeks. If you develop any write back to me.

I would otherwise suggest you to keep patience for a few weeks and the pain would go away.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Related Video

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

Why am I having a painful swelling in my upper eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, There is swelling in my left eye upper lid. There is a pain and small pimple from inside at the corner for last two days. Currently, I am using Nevanac and Pataday eye drops.  Read Full »

I have a burning chest pain which improves when I stand. Is it costochondritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have a BMI of 17. I am a recovering eating disorder patient and also suffer from GERD, GAD, and low BP (105/60). I saw a cardio two years ago and cleared. I developed a burning, sharp chest pain (more intense than normal GERD pain), in the upper-left stern...  Read Full »