Q. My child developed phobia for terrorist. How to eliminate this?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Udey and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Behavioral Disturbances or Social Phobia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Recently my child seems to have developed phobia for terrorist. She is just 4 years old. I did not know how really she even came to know about the word terrorist. Now, she remains afraid for most of the day and night. She thinks that they are going to come to her. She does not like to go outside the flat and visit public area. I think it may be that one of the movies seen recently has left a deep impact on her. We tried our level best to convince her that movies show false things, but somehow the word terrorist has got deep inside her. She keeps talking about them throughout the day. We do not really know how to get this out of her. These things have started very recently and becoming more intense. Kindly help.