Q. What are the ways to reduce stomach belly?

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil
Published on Dec 06, 2018

I want to reduce my stomach belly. I need some suggestion. I have a belly for the past six months.

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

The belly fat around the waist can put you at risk of lots of diseases. Anything above 40 inches in men and 36 inches is obesity. Diet: count calories, keep a diary for food you are having daily. To reduce weight you have to cut on carbohydrates and fats. You can increase proteins, fibers, lots of vegetables and fruits. Instead of white rice and bread, change it to brown rice and bread. Coffee can also increase your metabolism. Include green tea around three cups a day. Two exercises: Start daily cardio for 30 to 40 minutes at least five days a week with muscle strengthening exercise especially abdominals. Three weight loss pills are also available like Orlistat and Phentermine.

| 

How do I reduce my belly fat?

Query: Hi doctor, I started going to the gym a few days ago. Comparatively, I am taking good diet now. But, my belly fat is increasing. Currently, I am under the following diet, 7 AM:- Breakfast with two boiled eggs; 10:30 AM:- Two boiled eggs; 12:30 PM:- Lunch; 4 PM:- Two bananas and by 4:30 PM I go to th...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Shall I take supplements to reduce fat and build muscle?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a professional stunt rider. I like to build muscle and reduce belly fat. Currently I am taking whey protein, BCAA, creatine, and Hydroxycut fat burner. Are these type of supplements safe? Will they give any side effects? My height is 173 cm, and weight is 75.8 kg.  Read Full »