I was recently sexually active but I have not got my period despite getting a negative pregnancy test. Please help.

Q. What could cause a delayed period in a woman who did not have sex and tested negative for pregnancy?

Dr. Usha Sadanand Rao

I was recently sexually active with my partner. We did not have proper sexual intercourse. My periods are delayed. My home pregnancy test came negative. It is not much but very slight. I wish I could send you a photo but I do not know if that is possible.

Kindly help.

#

I went through your query and understood your concern.

Since you have not got your period yet, I would advise you to get a blood test for beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) which gives a very accurate result. Rubbing the penis anywhere near your vulva or vagina can lead to pregnancy as the sperms are very agile and can swim fast.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

|