Q. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

I am 18 years old and I do not know what is wrong with me. I think I have severe depression and anxiety, but obviously, that cannot be 100 % accurate. The thing is, I think I am depressed, but there are times where I feel on top of the world. Maybe I have bipolar disorder? I do not know. I have been researching a lot lately and I have watched videos of people experiencing a maniac episode and I feel like sometimes I act like that. I am not sure though. It would really help if I could talk to a professional, but I am scared of asking my parents to see one. I know they would probably say yes and accept me but I have just always been closed off. So, now I am here. Please help.

#

Ideally, you should collect the courage to tell your problem to parents because you are still very young. If not comfortable with parents some close relative or friend or free helpline. Making the diagnosis of depression, the symptoms must present for at least two weeks regularly. Sometimes we see someone close to us suffering from any disease and try to find or check yourself for these symptoms, remain anxious with their thought, later that thought can lead to depression. One more easy way to decide is to ask yourself whether normal functioning is hampered. If the answer is yes you should go to a psychiatrist as early as possible.

Again saying that taking help from the parent is the best option in front of you. Do not be afraid of the treatment. It is very simple and easy to treat depression nowadays.

|