Q. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?

Answered by Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Bipolar Disorder or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 18 years old and I do not know what is wrong with me. I think I have severe depression and anxiety, but obviously, that cannot be 100 % accurate. The thing is, I think I am depressed, but there are times where I feel on top of the world. Maybe I have bipolar disorder? I do not know. I have been researching a lot lately and I have watched videos of people experiencing a maniac episode and I feel like sometimes I act like that. I am not sure though. It would really help if I could talk to a professional, but I am scared of asking my parents to see one. I know they would probably say yes and accept me but I have just always been closed off. So, now I am here. Please help.