Q. How to remove the black patches and pores on cheek?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

My age is 35. I have black patches on my face and pores on the cheek. Black patches first occurred 3 years ago for the first time. How to remove them and get a fair skin? Please suggest.

#

I have read your query.

• Black patches over the face may be most commonly postinflammatory pigmentation which occurs usually after acne (pimples) or any trauma.
  • It can also occur due to sun damage which is termed as melasma.

1. Postinflammatory.
2. UV rays (sun damage).

1. Start applying anti-pigmentary medications like kojic acid (kojivit) or hydroquinine 2%(HH lite) in the night only to the black patches for two weeks along with a sunscreen of SPF 26 and above in the morning to your full face three to four times like at 8 AM, 11 AM and 2 PM
2. Sunscreen can be continued for a long duration.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I had jock itch six years ago over the groin area and lower abdomen. It was completely cured then but has left dark patches. I have been suggested by a dermatologist to use Glycolic acid 6 % cream, which does not seem to be working. Suggest an effective ointment to clear the dark patc...  Read Full »

Is Tezcort 3S advisable for yellow skin and melasma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, a female and I have yellow skin and have melasma on both the cheeks and nose and its been for four years. I have shown it to 3 to 4 doctors within these years and applied many different creams which did not work much. Finally, someone suggested me to apply Tezcort 3S w...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»