Black Patches

How to cure the round itchy patches present on the butt?

Query: Hi doctor, My skin is black with round patches near the butt. Patches grow fast and itch a lot. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. From your history and photo, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it looks like a fungal infection (Tinea Corporis). There is no need to panic. You can apply Luliconazole cream for local application twice daily on the lesion...  Read Full »

How to make my face look healthy, glowing, and youthful?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 37 years old female. My face color is getting darker than my body color. I am also getting small black dots in my face, and the face has very inhomogenous skin texture. I am also too much worried about my eye area. I tried so many things, but I am not getting any results. Kindly sug...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your face is darker than your body, and you also have small black dots on your face. Hyperpigmentation or patches of discoloration of the skin may result from melasma. Due to excess melan...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest some cream or medicine for an itchy and circular black patch on my back?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black patch on my back which is almost circular and is itching constantly. It has become quite big in the last three to four months. Can you please suggest what it could be and what I can do? It feels good when I put hot water on it. And it becomes very dry. It has a smal...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you attach the picture of the lesion for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan? Please attach a picture of it.  Read Full »

What could be the reason for brown patches at the back of the neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have black/brown patches on my back below the neck. The whole of my upper back portion has turned black/brown. It has been around 10 years this discoloration started but is now constant (not spreading) for the past 4-5 years.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is pigmented hairy epidermal nevus (Becker nevus or Beckers melanosis). The first appearance of this nevus is in adolescence. It presents as an irregular, hyperpigmented patch. Once present these nevi stabilize after several months or years. Becker nevus is a benign...  Read Full »

My genital area has white and black spot with foul smell. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, What is this black mark and white spot? I am 20 years old virgin and really worried about this. It is not itchy or painful but whatever it takes I want to get rid of it. Also my penis and scrotum has turned very dark, want to get back the original color. And the whole area has too muc...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welocme to icliniq.com. I have gone through the available photographs and your description (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available details it feels the problem is due to poor hygiene. I have commonly observed that people while taking bath forget their private par...  Read Full »

Why do I have black patches on the periphery of my feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have skin allergy on feet. Black patches on periphery of feet. Lack of moisture in those areas causing wide open cracks and even the flesh are exposed outside. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Kindly guide. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the lesion present on both the feet? Do you have any itchy lesion anywhere else in the body? How long have you had it? Judging by the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the limited history, I have come to the following conclusi...  Read Full »

How are black patches and pores on cheek treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 35. I have black patches¬†on my face and pores on the cheek. Black patches first occurred 3 years ago for the first time. How to remove them and get a fair skin? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. Black patches over the face may be most commonly postinflammatory pigmentation which occurs usually after acne (pimples) or any trauma. It can also occur due to sun damage which is termed as melasma.   Read Full »

What causes dark patches on feet?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has dark patches on the sides and soles of her feet. When her feet are dry, they feel hard to the touch, and when her feet become wet, the skin on them starts to peel. And they seem to be increasing. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems that the black patches in your mother's leg are due to dry foot. Moisturizing is essential as it helps the skin to become soft, smooth and less likely to crack. Use a moisturizing cream with urea or lactic acid. It will help to exfoli...  Read Full »

What is the cause of black circular patches in leg?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having black circular patches on her legs. What could be the reason? Someone said it could be due to improper circulation of blood in the lower part of the body. It usually happens when the blood becomes thick. Can you please help me to understand the reason behind this? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause is old age. In old age, small vessels become fragile and rupture, leading to blackish bruises, common in lower limbs but can occur anywhere in skin. Another cause is medicines. If a person is using drugs called steroids or anticoagulants or anti...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat blackening around the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blackening around my mouth since two months and it is not fading. I went to Dermatologist, she prescribed me a deepwhite cream. But it is not working. What should I do? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep applying that cream plus start taking tablet Folic acid twice a day for 10 days, then make it once a day for next two weeks. Cranking around lip corners occur due to deficiency of Multivitamins, Folic acid and winter season can also be a reason. As far as home reme...  Read Full »